Towards a Sustainable and Integrated Energy System for an Urban Area in Transition.
The high energy performance of new buildings and the growth of (decentralized) renewable energy generation requires changes in the energy system. The BIES project investigated various scenarios for a sustainable, flexible and integrated energy system for the future and explored innovative solutions that can contribute to this, both on a technical level as well as related to process and organisational aspects. Buiksloterham functioned as the case study for this project, but the results are also applicable to other construction sites.
The project was finished in November 2016 and the report (in Dutch) can be downloaded below.
The aim of BIES was to investigate feasible and potentially desirable scenario’s for energy supply systems for the built environment, at district level. The district of Buiksloterham was used as a test case, but the results are applicable as well to other area’s with new buildings, high energy ambitions and high densities. Both technical and organisational boundary conditions were taken into account.
The results of the project aimed to obtain:
1) Insight into the feasibility and added value of an integrated energy system at district level.
2) Insight into innovative products or services essential to the development of sustainable and integrated energy systems of the future.
3) An approach for developing integrated district energy systems for the built environment (‘bis’).
Project duration: start- en end date of the project
1 sept 2015 – 1 nov 2016
Partners: which partners are joining
· TUDelft, faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment, department of Architectural Engineering and technology
· Stichting Stadslab Buiksloterham
Project leader: name, title, organisatition, tel number, email
Dr.ir. Sabine Jansen | TU Delft | 06-42428622 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Related information: links to relevant content, including other projects, publications, news, presentations etc.
· Link naar het rapport
Contactperson(s): name, title, organisation, tel number, email
· Dr.ir. Sabine Jansen | TU Delft | 06-42428622 | email@example.com
· Drs. Saskia Müller | Stichting Stadslab Buiksloterham | saskia@Buiksloterham.nl